Bengali moms are a special species on earth. They have their own opinions and sets of rules that they impose on everyone around them. They are a dramatic people. Every now and then, Bangali netizens use Twitter as their Bengali Kids Unanymous platform and discuss the weird things that all Bengali moms do or say. We handpicked a few such Tweets about Bengali moms for you.
Tweets about Bengali Moms that Everyone Can Relate to
From food to social media, Bengali mothers make their presence felt with everything they touch. Here are Tweets to prove that:
1. Are you even a Bangali if your mom hasn’t conditioned you to crave khichuri on a rainy day?
কি বৃষ্টি… আজকে কিন্তু খিচুরী…#BongMoms
— Arko Dasgupta (@arkoonnet) June 24, 2012
2. Honestly, they are OBSESSED with bhaat, and believe understand the concept of a low-carb diet.
— Partha Ghosh (@heyyparth) January 19, 2016
3. Kaajer Mashi runs the routine of the household. She is IMPORTANT to every Bengali mother.
You have to eat early lunch to suit the house maid’s timing to enable her to wrap everything at one go 😂 #bongmoms
— Aslimetal (@aslimetal) May 4, 2018
4. For a Bong Mom, sharing is caring. She shares her love for Rabindrasangeet, giving her children a cherishable taste.
— Rubies and Elephants (@mnchowdhury86) August 13, 2013
5. Her protectiveness and abandonment issue knows no bound or logic.
My 4 year old daughter declared today that she wants to move out from our house and live alone, sending her Bengali mother into shock and disbelief…ITS WAR between mother and daughter at home,Exciting times to be alive in ain’t it #Millenials #LifeGoals #Bengalimother
— Rahul Vasu (@RahulVaasu) June 10, 2018
6. She can go to any extent for her child.
Only a #BengaliMother would call and ask to interview in lieu of her daughter! (I suspect she wanted to assess if I was worthy first!)
— Shwetasree (@TheOriginalShwe) April 10, 2012
7. Bong mothers join Facebook to embarrass their children.
Be the mellow adorable mom who gives your naked childhood photos on Facebook and then asks you to like them!
.#idiva #moms #viral #bongmom #bengalimothers #mom #momlife #dressup… https://t.co/1ImWeej2R3
— Debiparna Chakraborty (@debiparna_c) June 22, 2018
8. They personify “dramatic”.
— Kalyan Karmakar (@Finelychopped) February 15, 2014
9. But the Bangali mom will make sure you are protected.
Mom’s first question to me when I finally called her at night from Delhi, ‘muffler enechhish?’ Bengalis will get this.
I said yes, though actually I have a hoodie but haven’t brought a muffler #BengaliMothers
— Kalyan Karmakar (@Finelychopped) December 13, 2017
10. A Bong mother believes she is the doctor for her children.
If I am anything like my mother, I’m gonna be assuming every physical ailment my kid has is related to stomach issues. #BengaliMothers
— Shreyasi Bose (@Thought_Spirals) April 11, 2016
11. She knows her kids better than anyone else, even the owner of that ‘health’ in question.
My mom thinks I’m going to faint at the gym bc I got sick yday. #bengalimothers
— Rubies and Elephants (@mnchowdhury86) March 28, 2012
12. Admit it: you’re scared of her.
Inspired by mom went for a walk. Got drenched. Can’t post this on fb as she will freak if she hears that I got wet. #bongmoms
— Kalyan Karmakar (@Finelychopped) June 10, 2012
13. They will take charge of your education, if necessary, and ask teachers to beat you.
Mothers who start teaching their kids even during PTMs. #BongMom
— SSM (@SwatySMalik) November 30, 2013
14. When disappointed, their scolding gets an emotional touch.
My mom’s favorite dialogue is ‘kechhui sekhhate paarlam naa toder” 😛 😛 #bongmom
— Piyu (@PBnrg) May 10, 2015
15. You may try and write your own fate, but your Bong mom will always be the first applicant for the post of the editor.
They love you more,they care for you more,they interfare more than anyone,Yes!They are #Bongmoms,I have mine :))))
— Purnendu Dasgupta (@cobaltfawn) September 11, 2013
It’s likely that all moms from around the world are just as protective, annoying, and loving. Bengali moms just wrap up their craziness in a lot of sweetness. You can’t live with her. You can’t live without her. She is the Bengali Mom!